Thursday, January 15, 2009

And so it begins... Spring '09 semester

So I've been back in UB for 5 days or so and I've been having a lot of computer problems.

The first was a server issue going on in the entire campus where the LAN internet, wireless internet, blackboard, and everything else was having a service outage. It wasn't so bad for me, but a lot of other people couldn't get online to check their class schedules, and there's also that class add/drop period going on..

That's fixed.

And then, just yesterday my computer got a virus.. some kind of worm/trojan whatever. I tried to get rid of it, and FAST because I had to book my springbreak flight and buy textbooks.

In the end, I decided it was about time to format and reinstall my Windows. Sadly, though, I did not have a Windows XP cd so I had to make do with my Windows Vista cd. I've never been fond of Vista, so I'll have to suck it up.

On a side note, since my roommate moved out and I haven't gotten a new roommate as of YET, I've had the double room all to myself, which has both good and bad sides to it.

I've changed the furniture around a bit, so there's a lot of room for me now.

I've also moved my desk and TV around so I can watch TV comfortably from my deskseat as well as from my bed lol.

The rooms smells so much cleaner! My mom bought me one of those plug-it-in air fresheners and it's soo strong (not necessarily a good thing).

The room is also MUCH brighter because I've opened all the blinds lol. I love walking into my room when I come back from class and it's like sooo bright that I don't even need to turn on the lights. XD

I've also been able to keep my room clean! Which is amazing.. since everyone seems to think I'm such a lazy person ._.

However, it does get lonely sometimes. But I don't think I would want a stranger for a roommate anyways. But I'm still waiting to see if anyone will move in.

My classes have been good too. However, I have yet to buy textbooks... yiikes.

I don't have my Aero job anymore.. and I don't want to ask my parents for money all the time. So I'm being all stingy about textbook-shopping.. always looking for a cheaper deal. Sigh.

Also, I left my contact solution at home. So I've been wearing my glasses this whole week and it's hurting the area that the nose-piece is supposed to protect.

I'm watching Diego the Explorer, and I'm wondering: is he like the boyfriend of Dora's? Or brother? I don't know.. but I like Dora so much better. Her bookbag was purple.

So I'm so angry because I just bought my A&F jacket (Clarissa) for $130 (originally $200) on clearance... and NOW, it's down to $80!! However, they only have my color (brown) in XS, but still have the other color (blue) in all sizes. I guess I bought the right color! So there's a lot of deals going on right now.. and I'm so tempted to buybuybuy!! But then again, I must save my money...

No comments: