Monday, October 27, 2008

Finally got it: CHI Flat Iron

Hey! I ordered a CHI flat iron along with some other things from beautychoice.com the other day. I received my package today!

So this is what I got:



This is the CHI Silk Infusion and it's basically a gel formula that makes your hair more smooth and silky, and prevents flyaways. You just put a tiny amount onto your hair before you straighten it. I tried it out and it works pretty well. It really does smooth the hair out and even makes it more silky, without creating oil build-up in the hair (I hate products that do that). It also smells really nice, hehe. But at $8.95 for a 2 0z. bottle, it's a tad too expensive. But I'll use it up and if I really like it, I'll buy a bigger bottle which is probably a better deal.


This is the CHI ceramic round brush and I really hate it. Those things sticking out of it aren't even brush-material, they are like metal wires! How am I supposed to brush my hair with that? I did try it out, and it didn't tangle my hair or anything, but the bristles are way too rough for me to use. It's also huge! It was $15 and completely waste of money. I hope nobody else buys this.


Look at how big it is compared to my hair. Ridiculous.


THIS is the 1'' CHI Flat Iron by Farouk. When I first opened the box and saw it, my first impression of it was "dang, this thing looks cheap!". Then again, I had high expectations for a straightener that cost me $79. But I tried it out, and I used the CHI Silk Infusion first, and I didn't see great results right away. There's an on/off button and once you turn it on, it heats up within seconds (seriously, seconds! my old straightener took at least 5 minutes to "warm up") which was soo amazing. And the outside part (black part) is not hot at all, but I somehow still managed to burn myself by accidently touching the inside ceramic plates (yellow part). That was suppper hot.


My burn.


It had a neat little "CHI" written at the end. Hehe.

My order came out to be like $102 but I got a [$10 off $100] coupon so it was $92 & free shipping! It ordered it last tuesday and they didn't ship it out until friday but the shipping was pretty fast because I received it today. I'm pretty satisfied with everything (except that darn brush!)



1 comment:

jackjack said...

holy crap! thats the largest hair thing ive EVER seen!