Saturday, October 25, 2008

Hot pink nails with white french tips.
























I looove hot pink nails, they're cute & chic, but still everyday and fun!

I came across this youtube video showing how this girl did her french tips and I totally loved it. So I tried it out. [click here for video]

This is my first attempt at doing french tips free-hand on myself, that is, without the white tape or special tools or anything of that. I've always liked french nails, but they're too much of a hassle for me, and I especially hate the white tape method. It takes practice, but doing it free-hand is actually a lot easier than using the dumb tape. For the nail polish, I used Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear in "White On" and "Fuschia Power". My CVS had them for $2.79 each, buy 1 get 1 50% off, so the other one only cost me $1.39. Good deal! (and they're Sally Hansen so you know they're good)
























While I was at CVS yesterday, I also grabbed a hold of a basecoat and a topcoat by Orly because I heard they were like realllyyy good. But they were super expensive at $5.99 and $7.99 each (but I have to admit the Sally Hansen bottles were 11.8ml and these were 18ml). The basecoat is called "Bonder" and it's supposed to prevent the color from wearing off, and the topcoat is called "In a Snap" and it's supposed to dry the nail polish really quickly, hence the name. I was really excited to try the pair together because I've heard so many good things about it. So I tried it. I used the basecoat after washing my nails, trimming and filing them, and before applying any color. I used the topcoat after I used the two nail polish colors. I'm loving them so far! It really dried instantly and it leaves the nail looking sooo shiny and so brilliant. I've used tons of different top/base coats and none of them can compare to these two. They're definitely worth the extra few bucks.


































Then I was a little bored so I designed my nails, kind of. In the video, the girl used a toothpick to do it, but I just went ahead to used this little bottle of nail art paint I had lying around. I think it works the same.

Yesterday, after stopping by CVS I went back to my dorm and my roommate wanted me to help her do her makeup for this halloween party she was going to. Her costume is like, a moulin-rouge inspired outfit (or lack of) that's full of frill and lace. It was black and pink so I tried to do the makeup with those colors. I did the eyes really dramatic, heavy eyeliner, smoky eyeshadow, and all that, and did nude lips. It turned out really nice, at least to me lol.

After that, I rushed downstairs to catch the the white church van, aka the "tofu bus". I went to church and it was pretty cool because I got to meet a bunch of the newcomers and I finally met our pastor, Pastor Sunny, lol.

Oh yeah! And there's an update on my blog, which is the music box on the right side. I got rid of the videos because, I don't know about you, but they kept pausing at times. But isn't the teddy bear music box sooo cute?

I've got an Accounting exam on monday, so I gotta go back to studying. It's less material than the first test but it's supposed to be a lot harder because the material is more in-depth and expanded-on and such. Pray for me!

No comments: